Architecture interview Blitz Days are back and IN-PERSON! Thursday, March 2 & Friday, March 3
- Our signature recruiting event is scheduled for Thursday, March 2nd and Friday, March 3rd from 8:30 AM – 5:15 PM at the Schine Student Center, located right on campus.
This is a great opportunity for employers to interview up to 10 students throughout the day, in 45-minute increments. Utilizing Handshake, our job posting & applicant tracking platform, you are able to post full-time and internship positions and select candidates who best fit your requirements.
TO REGISTER: Due to space limitations and high demand, we ask that you register for only ONE interview date, and ONE interview booth (2 representatives max). Space is available on a first come, first served basis.
Please send an email with your preferred date to ARCHCAR@SYR.EDU. You will receive an acknowledgement email within 2 business days, along with instructions for posting your position/interview schedule in Handshake.
**All requests must be submitted by Friday, January 27th to participate.
PLEASE DO NOT SCHEDULE ANY TRAVEL PLANS UNTIL YOUR REQUEST HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.
Syracuse Architecture provides opportunities for employers to recruit summer interns, entry level, recent graduates, and experienced professionals through two platforms, Handshake (0-5 years experience) and LinkedIn (5+ years experience).
students + Recent graduates ( 0-5 years experience)
For entry level positions, Syracuse University utilizes Handshake as their career services management platform. By creating a Handshake account, firms are able to post positions and register for on-campus events.
- How to Create a User Account, Join a Company, and Connect with Schools
- How to Post a Job
- Managing Applicants on a Job Posting
- Create an account at syr.joinhandshake.com. Select “Arts & Design” as the profession and “Architecture and Planning” as the employment industry and job function.
- Be sure to indicate Syracuse University as a recruitment school.
- If you would like assistance with Handshake, please visit the Handshake Help Center or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help you.
- A note about your applicant pool. International students comprise approximately 50% of the School of Architecture student body. We encourage firms to expand their talent pool by considering all candidates. International students are eligible for work authorization in the US by using Curricular Practical Training (CPT), or Optional Practical Training (OPT) and do not require visa sponsorship.
Current students (internships): Working with staff from Syracuse University, students submit required paperwork, apply for a 1 credit internship (CPT only), and pay associated fees.
Graduates (full time): A 24-month OPT Extension is available to architecture students who are employed by an employer that participates in the E-Verify program. In the job post details, selecting “yes” (work authorization section) will open a larger pool of talent.
LinkedIN ( 5+ years experience)
For experienced position postings, the School of Architecture utilizes LinkedIn.
Please email the job posting to email@example.com, with details including job description, qualifications and skill sets, required work authorization (US citizen, CPT/OPT), application documents (typically resume, sample pages, cover letter, and link to portfolio), deadline, and contact information. Space is limited to ~1,300 characters. Once received, we will post the position on the the Syracuse Architecture Career Services page.
Employers are invited to interview students for both internships and full-time positions during the fall and spring semesters.
Candidate Interviews connect firms with pre-selected candidates for full time and internship positions. Interviews may be conducted virtually or in-person and are managed through Handshake. Interviews may occur in-person or virtually and may be scheduled to accommodate the hiring needs of our employer partners. Interview dates are reserved on a first come, first serve basis. There are no recruiting fees.
Typically, peak recruiting occurs during the spring semester. Interviews usually take place in February or March so that firms may invite students for second interviews during the Syracuse Spring Break (mid March). Our main graduation is in May, but a significant number of students graduate in December, particularly from our graduate programs.
Please reach out to Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your interview date.
If a visit to our campus is not possible this year or you would prefer to manage the interview schedule process internally, please reach out to Career Services at email@example.com to discuss customized recruiting options.