The School of Architecture provides extensive resources to assist individuals in managing their personal career beginning with their first semester of study and continuing as an alumnus/a of the School. Workshops and individual advising sessions address topics such as:
- resumes and professional correspondence
- portfolio and sample page review
- internship and job search strategies
- networking and LinkedIn best practices
- interviewing techniques
- job offer evaluation and salary negotiation
- path to licensure: NCARB and AXP assistance
- graduate school and personal statements
We host specialty programs and events throughout the academic year and adjust programming to align with industry trends and a shifting recruiting landscape. At many of these events, employers meet with students to promote their firm brand and showcase opportunities.
- Architecture Interview Blitz Days - our signature in-person recruiting event held in early March brings over 50 companies and students together for job and internship interviews.
- The School of Architecture hosts Candidate Interviews to connect firms with pre-selected candidates for full time and internship positions. Interviews may be conducted virtually or in-person and are managed through the Handshake platform.
- Workshops and networking events are held throughout the year to foster engagement between students, alumni and employers. Past events include alumni and employer panels, meet & greet receptions and topical presentations.
Internship & Entry Level Positions
Syracuse University uses a centralized career services platform, Handshake, to post employment opportunities and events for students and recent graduates (0-5 years).
Note: During summers and breaks, students may choose to work in paid internships to develop professional skills and earn hours for the Architectural eXperience Program (AXP). Most states require completion of AXP and the national Architecture Registration Exam before awarding state licensure.
Job opportunities (5+ years) are posted on LinkedIn for alumni review in the School’s Syracuse Architecture Career Services page.
connect with uS
- Connect with the School of Architecture via the Syracuse Architecture Career Services page and join a network of over 4,000 individuals affiliated with the Architecture and Planning industry.
Outcomes/first destination survey
Syracuse University publishes a First Destination Survey every spring for a snapshot of where graduates have landed post-graduation. To view the survey, click here.