This section covers connecting your computer to the Internet using wireless.
- AirOrangeX, Syracuse University’s high-speed wireless network, provides an encrypted secure connection to the SU network. The wireless network covers the complete University campus.
To use AirOrangeX, students must first configure their laptop computer. Follow these steps the first time you use AirOrangeX:
- Enable your computer for wireless networking, and search for available wireless networks
- Connect to the “AirOrangeHelp” wireless network
- Open your Web browser and type in http://airorangehelp.syr.edu
- Follow the instructions on the screen to download the configuration tool
- Type in your NetID and password when requested. You may also need to accept several ‘certificate’ installs as well as the SafeConnect software. SafeConnect checks to see that your computer is current with security patches and up-to-date anti-virus software.
- Contact us if you can’t get it working.
IMPORTANT NOTE: University guests and campus visitors cannot connect to AirOrangeX. Guests and visitors may connect to the wireless network through the AirOrangeGuest portal and receive a 5-day access account.