Incoming students can find recommendations for purchasing hardware and software to the right under Buying Hardware / Software.
Computing News - SPRING 2015
- Updated lab software: Lumion 4.5
- New lab software: T-Splines 3.4 for Rhino, Karamba for Rhino, additional Maxwell Render plugins for SketchUp, Photoshop and After Effects.
- New printer/scanner: Oce Plotwave 360 (Luma). This wide format scanner/laser printer/copier replaces the old Xerox 510dp (Zelda). It prints on 36” paper.
Find past news in the Computing News section.
- Don’t work directly on files that are stored on a network drive (such as your H drive or the Courses/M drive). Copy them to the D drive on the lab computer first, and when finished, put them back on the network drive. This will reduce crashes and file corruption.
- Make sure to keep backup copies of your files on two different drives/discs/flash keys. Your media could go bad at any time, causing your files to be lost. Periodically save your project under a new file name, so that you can go back to an older version if your file becomes corrupted.
- Find more tips under the Help & Problem Solving section.