B.A. Art and Architecture, Rice University; M.Arch 2, Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc)
Amber Bartosh is an architect and interior designer who has designed and managed award-winning projects for competition, bid & design build processes in the United States, China, Kuwait, and the United Arab Emirates. Recent design work saw exhibition at SPECIMEN (Facoltà di Architettura “Aldo Rossi,” Università di Bologna, Cesena, Italy) and at Design Miami 2010. Her interest in sustainability as a standard for all design led to her 2008 accreditation by LEED. She has completed both gold and silver level LEED projects and served as project manager for Emergent Tom Wiscombe LLC, an internationally recognized architectural practice focused on the integration of biology, computation, and contemporary design sensibilities.
Following her cum laude double major in Art and Architecture at Rice University she went on to graduate work in the M.Arch2 program at the Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) and as a teaching assistant for SCI-Arc’s Applied Studies program. She completed her work at SCI-Arc with a Master’s in Architecture and the Alpha Rho Chi medal.
Prior to joining the Syracuse faculty, Amber was a Visiting Critic at Cornell University. There she taught a series of visual representation seminars, comprehensive 2nd-year design studio, and an option studio with Tod Williams and Billie Tsien. She also assisted Elena Manferdini in teaching a studio focused on exploring the potential of digital resources to create new architectural sensations by mining the relationship between natural and synthetic.
Buildings and Projects
- Civic Sports Center and 2013 National Games Arena, Shenyang, China
- Kuwait Business Town, Kuwait City, Kuwait
- University of California at Irvine, Humanities Gateway, Irvine, CA
- Colorado Convention Center Expansion, Denver, CO
- U.S. Federal Courthouse, Cape Girardeau, MO
- Specimen, 2010, Universita di Bologna facolta di architettura “Aldo Rossi” sede di Cesena
- Milan Furniture Fair, 2010, NABA Fuori Salone
- Design Miami, 2009, Florida, USA, with Aranda Lasch
Grants and Awards
- Alpha Rho Chi Medal, SCI-Arc, 2010