Architecture students are permitted to declare a minor after their first year.  Whenever possible, students should take a class or two that will apply to a minor prior to declaring the minor to help determine if they’d like to continue studying in that academic area.

Steps to declare a minor

  1. Complete the Declaration of Minor form.
  2. Connect with the Minor Coordinator for your desired minor to discuss the minor program and how it relates to your academic and career goals. Minor coordinator names and contact information can be found in the University’s Course Catalog.
  3. If department requirements are met, the minor coordinator will sign the Declaration of Minor form.
  4. Send the signed form to your academic advisor for processing. The minor will be added to your program of study, and you will be able to view the minor requirements in DegreeWorks.

If, at any time, you wish to remove a minor from your program of study, you would complete the corresponding section on a new Declaration of Minor form and send it to your academic advisor. The minor coordinator does not need to sign the form when un-declaring a minor.

Students wishing to declare a minor offered through the Whitman School of Management should visit their website for additional requirements and deadlines.

Note: Minors that are too closely related to the major will not be approved; this includes History of Architecture. Minors require a minimum of 18 credit hours, 12 of which must be in 300- to 400-level coursework. Classes meant to apply to a minor cannot be taken pass/fail. All University Academic Rules pertaining to minors apply and can be found in the Course Catalog.