To gain access to the event weblink, register below.
In a session moderated by Dean Speaks, Mark Boekenheide from Las Vegas Sands Corporation and Jeffrey Shumaker from BIG – Bjarke Ingels Group will discuss the area of “Complex Project Design” and address such topics as:
- How their business changed as a result of the pandemic and global unrest.
- What additional changes are expected as we go forward.
- What these changes mean for the internship and job search.
- Mark Boekenheide received his Architecture degree from Syracuse University in 1982. Throughout his career, Mark has been responsible for the development of large hotel and mixed-use projects all over the world, including Hudson Yards in Manhattan and the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas. Mark is currently the Senior Vice President, Global Real Estate Development for the Las Vegas Sands Corporation.
- Jeffrey Shumaker is a 1994 graduate of the B.Arch program at Syracuse University, and a 2001 graduate of M.I.T. where he received a Master of Science in Architecture Studies. Finding great success managing high profile, cross-functional projects in both the public and private sector, Jeffrey is the Director of Urban Planning at BIG – Bjarke Ingels Group in New York City.