To gain access to the event weblink, register below.
In a session moderated by Dean Speaks, Lea Ciavarra from Lubrano Ciavarra Architects and John Burse from Mackey Mitchell Architects will discuss the area of “Designing for the Academic Setting” and address such topics as:
- What changes they have seen to projects within the academic space over the past few months.
- What other changes are expected and what does that mean for the field.
- What is the recruitment timeline for internships and full-time positions within 2021.
- Lea Ciavarra graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics and a minor in Art & Art History from Colgate University in 1991. She received her Master of Architecture in 1995 from Syracuse University. Lea has served on the School of Architecture’s Advisory Board since 2001 and was named the first female Chairperson in 2018. Co-founder of Lubrano Ciavarra Architects, Lea has been instrumental in leading such projects as the Harlem Day Charter School in Manhattan and the construction of a 50,000 sf K-8 charter school for Grand Concourse Academy in the Bronx.
- John Burse is a 1994 graduate of the B.Arch program at Syracuse University. John’s expertise as a design leader and Principal at Mackey Mitchell Architects in St. Louis, Missouri, includes such campus projects as student centers (including our own Schine Student Center), residence halls, performing arts, and campus master planning. His student center designs have been recognized by the Association of College Unions International’s Facility Design Award of Excellence. John is also a key contributor to the Syracuse Architecture Advisory Board.