The annual Thesis Prize Jury competition will be held on Friday, May 3 in Slocum Hall. A select group of undergraduate and graduate students from the class of 2019 will present their theses before a panel of guest jurors and Syracuse Architecture faculty.
- Alexandra Allen & Scott Krabath
- Sarah Beaudoin
- David Bullard & Carolina Hasbun Elias
- Ahnaf Chowdhury & Anuradha Desai
- Olivia Humphrey
- Sangha Jung & YoungJoon Yun
- Danya Li
- Chia An Mike Liu & Raul Sadhwani
- Rose Maalouf
- Nusrat Jahan Mim (Fall 2018)
- Ian Mulich & Jose Ricardo Sanchez Cruzalegui
- Apoorva Rao
- Ricardo Rodriguez Huerta
- Furui Sun
- Rasan Taher
- Minglu Wei & Ying Zuo
- Marda Zenawi
Students who participate in the Thesis Prize Jury event compete for awards that will be announced at the 2019 convocation ceremony—the Dean’s Thesis Citations and James A. Britton Memorial Awards. This year’s Brittons will include the Jury Prize, Faculty Prize and Best Thesis.
The following students received honorable mentions:
- Noah Anderson
- Christopher Autera
- Mikayla Beckwith & Katherine Truluck
- Laura Clark
- Amelia Wen Jiun Gan
- Rex Hughes & John Mikesh
- Brian Hurh
- Katharina Koerber
- Lan Li & Yifei Li (Fall 2018)
- Weiqiao Lin
- Sai Lyu
- Ian Master
- Ryan Oeckinghaus
- Kokeith Perry II
- Ethan Russell-Benoit & Wilson Slagle
- Erick Sanchez
- Nuofan Xu & Ziyao Zhang
The Thesis Prize Jury event is open to the public. Presentations will take place from 10:00–11:30am in Slocum Auditorium and there will be an opportunity to view projects throughout Slocum Hall from 11:30am–12:30pm, followed by a panel discussion with the jurors from 1-2pm.
- Joe Day teaches design and theory at SCI-Arc and is a partner at Deegan Day Design, Los Angeles.
- Jia Gu is director and curator at Materials & Applications, Los Angeles and co-director of Spinagu.
- Nina-Marie Lister is Associate Professor in the School of Urban and Regional Planning, Ryerson University and founding principal of PLANDFORM.
- Maxi Spina teaches design at SCI-Arc and is co-director of Spinagu.
- Brittany Utting teaches at the University of Michigan Taubman College of Architecture + Urban Planning and is co-founder of the design collaborative HOME-OFFICE.
- Gretchen Wilkins is Head of the Architecture Department and Architect-in-Residence at the Cranbrook Academy of Art.
- 10-11:30 Student presentations, Slocum Auditorium
- 11:30-12:30 Project viewing, Slocum Hall
- 12:30-1:00 Jury/Faculty deliberation, Room 202
- 12:30-1:00 Student refreshments, Slocum Atrium
- 1:00-2:00 Thesis Prize Jury panel discussion, Slocum Auditorium