Syracuse Architecture provides an extensive program to assist individuals in managing their personal career beginning with their first semester of study and continuing as an alumnus/ae of the School. Workshops and individual counseling sessions address topics such as:
- research and job search strategies
- resume and professional correspondence
- networking and LinkedIn best practices
- interviewing techniques
- job offer evaluation and salary negotiation
- AXP assistance and licensure
- portfolio and sample page review
- research of alternate career options
Academic Recruiting Year
Our first employer event of the academic year is the Syracuse University Career Fair, at the Carrier Dome in late September; there is no fee to attend. Employers enjoy the opportunity to meet students and promote the firm’s brand and opportunities.
In late fall, returning summer interns host an Internship Expo promoting top internships from around the globe to their peer schoolmates.
Throughout the academic year, Professional Portfolio Reviews provide a productive opportunity for employers and alumni to meet with students of all class years, sharing techniques and building connections.
In the spring, the School of Architecture hosts a robust Spring Recruitment Program with over 60 firms holding interviews on campus with pre-selected candidates. Firms post positions on Handshake for full-time and summer opportunities in December-January, and interview February-March. Please note: the School does not host a Spring Career Fair.
During summers and breaks, students may choose to work in paid internships to develop professional skills and earn hours for the Architectural eXperience Program (AXP). Most states require completion of AXP and the national Architecture Registration Exam before awarding state licensure.
Syracuse University uses a centralized career services platform, Handshake, to post employment opportunities and events for students and recent graduates (0-5 years). Advanced positions (6+ years) are posted for alumni review in the School’s LinkedIn Alumni group.
- Connect with the School of Architecture via the Syracuse Architecture Career Services page and join a network of over 4,000 individuals affiliated with the Architecture and Planning industry.
- Follow the Syracuse Architecture company page to learn of the School’s many programs, events, and highlights.
- The School’s LinkedIn Alumni group keeps alumni informed of events and employment opportunities.
Outcomes/first destination survey
Syracuse University publishes a First Destination Survey every spring for a snapshot of where graduates have landed post-graduation. To view the survey, click here.